Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Very Merry Un-Birthday.....to you!!

Yes, so in the course of conversations I discovered that neither of the boys have celebrated a birthday....or near as I can tell, they may have "gotten a gift once" as Iron Man put it.  Oh, me oh my.....

It is moments like that when you really get a glimpse of what life is like for kids in foster care.  This kind of stuff just aggravates me....there is NO reason for a child to not have his or her birthday celebrated.  NONE!!!!  Poverty is not even a reason.... As a mom I know that even if I make something  special or even a DollarTree toy can be special!!  UGH!!

OK, enough of that rant now....

So, today we cooked up a bit of a surprise for Little Bit.  A "un-birthday" party.  I fully expect that the boys will be here long term enough to celebrate Iron Man's birthday in January....and I know with our a celebration for Little Bit he won't understand.  Why he didn't have a birthday.

So complete with Chocolate cake, candles, and a few gifts....A Very Merry Un-(6th)-Birthday to YOU, Little Bit!!!!!!  I love you.

(I have some great photos of this day...but can't post them due to the confidentiality. So you will just have to trust me....and I promise to try to edit some later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment