Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

This morning I was making a salad for our family Thanksgiving dinner. (It's something my mom and gradnmother before her always made.)  Little Bit and Iron Man were both watching and asking me what I was doing.  I explained it to them...and thinking about how I wanted them to have a "little taste of home" if possible, I asked what type of things they had for Thanksgiving when they lived with their mom.

The grim reality of their situation hit me like a 2x4 as Iron Man flatly replied, "We've never had Thanksgiving dinner."

I know that this really should not have been such a shock.... but yet, it still was a learning moment.

They loved the adventure of Thanksgiving with the entire family.....food, fun, food, fun, ALL DAY LONG!

God, thanks for blessing me with parents that, although they weren't perfect, loved me and cared for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment