Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Candace Cameron Bure's "S-WORD"



OK, So I have to admit....I love Candace Cameron Bure! Not because she played "DJ" on 'Full House'....although she was awesome in that role. You see it goes so much beyond that. 


Almost three years ago, I have the privilege of seeing her speak at a church. And then had the opportunity to meet her. She was awesome. She actually sat to meet everyone that wanted to wait in line. She was kind and compassionate to my son (Who HAD to buy a t shirt that says "My favorite DJ is D.J. Tanner") spoke with him, encouraged him and signed his shirt & my book. At that time she was speaking at various places sharing her testimony and publicizing her book "Reshaping It All".


 Currently she is on a press tour for her new book "Balancing It All"My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose (and I CAN'T WAIT to read it!)...Dont we all try exactly that.: Be everything, to everybody, everywhere as we balance all of our various roles, responsibilities and opportunities. Candace promises to not give a step-by-step or how to rather one example of how it can be.   During a recent interview she used THE s-word.....yeah, the awful, awful, word: submissive! I mean can you believe that! HA...what an outrage. Right? Um.....


So in case you missed it, here it is:





So many take an issue with the fact that she allows her husband to be the leader in the home.  She clarifies well here by stating, on HuffPost Live, "The definition I'm using with the word 'submissive' is the biblical definition of that. So, it is meekness, it is not weakness. It is strength under control, it is bridled strength."

I totally applaud her.  There is MORE strength in submitting to one's husband that not. Oh, and just to show how week she is NOT...check out this little snap shot she posted on her Facebook page! 

She has also explained, "First Peter 3:1 says, 'In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives.'"

"It is very difficult to have two heads of authority," she told HuffPost Live. "It doesn't work in military, it doesn't work -- I mean, you have one president, you know what I'm saying?"

She is absolutely correct.  Some people that understand animals will also know...you can't have two bulls in the same pen!  Candace also states that her husband values and respects her opinions. 

I suppose that those that are not in Christ will not see that her husband is not a tyrant.  The live in partnership.  However, she submits to him, he to Christ, and Christ submitted to the Father on the cross.  If we had more biblical example living in the world, our world would not be in such CHAOS!  We need to go back to the basics.

I am, however, a realist and I know that during these end times it is only going to get worse as Christian speak of our faith and how we live.  SO, Candace, AMEN SISTER!!! Keep preaching truth in all you do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment