Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

God Made Me This Mom


Well, I have been scouring everything looking for all types of resources to help me become a better parent.  I thought I really was a good parent.  My bio son & I were a dynamic duo... really.  Let me assure you NOTHING has prepared me for parenting three children newly diagnosed with full FASD.

Well, I will say, My friend Jessie over at "Then I Laughed" wrote and share this AWESOME post this morning "God Made Me This Mom"....I love Jessie and her honesty.  She shared this wonderful nugget:
“You have the exact qualities God knew your kids would need in a mother. So, each day, hold up your willingness and ask God to make you the best version of you that you can possibly be.” Lysa TerKeurst

Yes, I do follow Lysa TerKeurst via Facebook and Twitter.  I have been involved with Leading & Loving It, a ministry for women in ministry and pastor's wives for several years now.  I adore Lysa and she always gives timely wisdom.

So I guess, God prepared me.  He knew what type of struggles these kids would have.  He knew that they would need me to fight for them to even be diagnosed.  They need someone to allow them to grow and believe in them and encourage them....because THEY CAN DO IT!

God knew that they would need someone that understands loss. Someone that can be strong. Someone that will help them with the transition from foster care to adoption. Someone to help them see what family is suppose to be.  Someone to help them know love.  And someone to help them know HIM!

So, yeah, I have been prepared.  Thanks God.  Thank you for preparing me when I didn't even know it.  I am ready.  Here I am.

So, now, back to my research.  This awesome book ALL_ABOUT_ME.pdf was shared in one of my Facebook groups....it is one of the best resources yet!! Check it out if you have a FASD or other special needs child.  It is easily personalized so you can give it to everyone involved in your child's care.




....and no, I don't have it all together! That is where God and His unending Grace come in!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing the tears :) I've been questioning myself a lot lately. I even told Nicole I don't know why God picked me to parent so many. Love you! I'm glad we are on this journey together.

    ReplyDelete