Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Dorothy, You're not in Kansas anymore!



One of the groups I belong to asked what everyone was doing, or going to do, in order to survive the holidays with our FASD children. I decided that keeping things a low-stress as possible as the way to go.  

Last year, one of the gifts I gave to my foster boys was a trip to Texas for family vacation. Well, ever since their younger sister moved in....they have wanted to go back again so they could show her all the fun things.

Ok...I know going on vacation for most is probably not a stress-free time....but I think I have found a method to this. You see, I don't tell them ahead of time. This time, the found out the night before we left so they could help pack. (Last year, they found out on the morning we were supposed to leave.) 

Well, yes.... This crazy momma packed up three FASD kids and headed south to warm & sunny South! May you all have fun. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment