Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's for the kids....


Here is a harsh reality:



Imagine for a moment:  It is bedtime...or you are being told...you are not so sure if it is, it may be...but these people you met today, how can you trust them.  They say this is a safe house....but your not sure. What makes it different from all the others???  These people are grown-ups....you are sure that they will turn out like all the others.....
Wait a minute, something here is already different....they want to pray with you....pray for you.  Maybe, just maybe God did hear your cries....maybe you have been beat for the last time....no more drugs in your life.....no more abuse....maybe.....



Now, I know foster care isn't for everyone.  Maybe you feel too old, maybe you are afraid of all the stories of foster kids stealing, lying, running away....  But maybe you can love a little....
Maybe you can help at camp for one week....
Or maybe you aren't even  ready for that....
Please go see Camp....  A portion of the proceeds will stay locally to help send foster kids to camp at Royal Family Kids Camp.  Foster kids attend for a week...no charge.  No fee to the state, no fee to the foster family....NONE!  It is paid for by the camp, volunteers, and local churches.


This may be the only Jesus some kids get to see.....

Be a part of it..... It's for the kids!


5 comments:

  1. Just making the party rounds with UBP#13. I read a few of your posts, my sister was a foster mom for several years. Your heart aches for these children who just want normal lives.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm dropping by from the UBP. We are former foster parents. We fostered 22 kids over 9 years and got to keep two. :) The Camp sounds fantastic. God bless and happy UBP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New follower here! I am a new blogger and sister in Christ!... I found you on UBP13! Your blog is SO interesting and I'm excited to read up! Please come by and follow me on my blog at mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! What a blessing you are to the kids that need to know just how much they are loved. I'm visiting by way of UBP13. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to have found this through UBP13! I'm kind of a newb to blogging, but I'm loving it so far. I'm an educator, former foster parent (for kids with emotional, physical, and mental disabilities) and adoptive dad of two kiddos with special needs. It's been great reaching out, talking to, and hopefully helping other families! My whole blog is all about learning to learn and helping families succeed using brain-based practices. Come check it out. I think you will like it! www.wiselearners.com

    ReplyDelete